DACM Loss Control Services are prepared to fully assist your workplace or jobsite §5194.
(1) This section requires manufacturers or importers to assess the hazards of substances which they produce or import, and all employers to provide information to their employees about the hazardous substances to which they may be exposed, by means of a hazard communication program, labels and other forms of warning, material safety data sheets, and information and training. In addition, this section requires distributors to transmit the required information to employers.
(2) This section applies to any hazardous substance which is known to be present in the work place in such a manner that employees may be exposed under normal conditions of use or in a reasonably foreseeable emergency resulting from work place operations.
Employers benefit from having an effective hazard communication program because it helps them:
• Identify and control hazardous substances present in their workplaces.
• Develop or rethink safe and efficient strategies for the use, handling, and disposal
of these substances.
• Promote safe and effective work practices.
• Reduce workers’ compensation losses.
• Comply with the law.
All these elements ultimately save money and increase employee morale and productivity.
Employees also benefit from a hazard communication program because they learn how to identify potentially hazardous chemicals to which they may be exposed in the workplace. This increased awareness promotes the greater likelihood that employees will:
• Reduce their exposure to hazardous substances.
• Follow safer work practices.
• Protect themselves, thereby preventing work-related injuries and illnesses.
Chemical Program Services
• Hazard Communication Program (Hazcom) Audit
A comprehensive review and analysis of the program will be completed in order to ensure compliance with Cal-OSHA and corporate policies. The result of the analysis will determine the level of assistance and training needed of the following elements:
• Written Hazard Communication Program
• Hazcom Training – Supervisory & Workers
• Master Index – MSDS Stations – Chemical Product Archiving
• Chemical Storage & Chemical Waste Storage
• Container Labeling
• Chemical Hazard Identification System
• Spill Response
• Hazardous Waste Emergency Response Training.